Dr. Ryan Casagranda, Certified Nutrition Specialist
Functional Medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease using a system-oriented approach, engaging both patient and practitioner in a therapeutic partnership. Functional medicine focuses on underlying pathways of disease (upstream medicine) instead of focusing on symptom management of chronic diseases (downstream medicine).
Nutrition Specialist trained in Integrative and Functional Medicine have been educated in depth on the biology and biochemistry of the body beyond traditional diets training. Integrative and Functional Medicine practitioners view the body as one unit composed of different systems all interconnected like a web. Once balance is achieved, optimal health can occur.
What to Expect?
Initial Nutritional Counceling and Assessment:
Full Health History: Every person is different; therefore there is no "one size fits all" approach. For this reason, at your first appointment, Dr. Casagranda often asks many questions that other health practitioners do not address. He will be gathering pieces of information pertaining to many aspects of your health from both past and present, which includes how well you are doing physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, and of course nutritionally. A complete diet history will also be obtained.
Interpretation of Lab Work: You will receive an interpretation of any lab work you bring with you. In Integrative and Functional Medicine, we seek functional lab ranges instead of normal/abnormal.
after your appointment:
Following your appointment you will receive all or some of the following:
- A personalized sample meal plan designed with your schedule in mind.
- Vitamin and/or supplement recommendations.
- Recommendations for further testing via your primary care doctor or specialized laboratories.
- Educational materials.
- Recipes tailored towards your food likes and dislikes.
Please note, the nutritional plan provided to you will be gauged towards your overall goals and health concerns. The seriousness of your health concerns will drive specific dietary protocols that are tailored for you.
review assessments and follow-up appointments:
- Dr. Casagranda will discuss your progress since your first appointment and what areas of your diet and lifestyle that still need additional support and attention.
- Nutritional reassessment based on new medical history, lab work, and changes in your health.
- Nutrition and supplement plan tweaked, as needed.
- Ongoing meal planning and recipe ideas.
For integrated care, if desired, I will contact your family or referring physician with a brief summary of our visit and plan.
what do i do now?
Step 1: schedule a free phone consultation
- Schedule a FREE 15 minute consultation to share more about your health related goals and what you would like to achieve by working with Dr. Casagranda.
- Dr. Casagranda will provide you with honest feedback on what services will best suit your individual needs as well as an idea of what kind of nutritional approach would be best to start with.
Available via telephone only
step 2: pick from one of the options below
One Time New Client Appointment
- One Visit - 1 hour
- Unlimited e-mail access for 2 weeks after the appointment
Follow Up Appointments
- $75.00 - 45 minutes
- $50.00 - 30 minutes
- $30.00 - 15 minutes
- Unlimited e-mail access for 1 week after any follow-up appointment
Must already be an established patient for these prices to apply.
Transform Each Season
- One initial visit - 1 hour
- Two follow-up visits - 45 minutes per visit
- Unlimited e-mail access for 3 months
Must use appointments within 3 months from first appointment.
Whole Health Transformation
- One initial visit - 1 hour
- Three follow-up visits - 45 minutes per visit
- Three check-in visits over the phone - 15 minutes each call
- Unlimited e-mail access for 6 months
Must use appointments within 6 months from first visit
Q&A Session (Ask the Doctor) in-person or over the phone
- One single visit - 1 hour
- No health history
- No follow-up e-mail access